This eco-friendly Bamboo Soap Dish is perfect to store my handmade artisan bar soaps or a shampoo/conditioner bar, for a low waste sustainable household.
Although bar soaps are essential to zero waste living, it’s not without its issues. I purposely designed this soap dish with two layers – one layer directly touches the soap to ensure your soap bars stay dry and the to collect excess collects water for dry countertops and bathtub ledges clean from soap residue.
When in contact with water, bamboo dries quicker than other woods hence less likely to crack.
- 1 drying rack (7.6 x 12cm/3 x 4.7in)
- 1 draining tray (9.5 x 14cm/3.7 x 5.5in)
- sustainable materials: bamboo is not only sustainable but one of the fastest growing plants. It uses little water to grow, self-replenishs, requires no pesticides, fertilizer, or irrigation and is more economical than other woods
- durable: bamboo is less likely to crack compared to other wood materials
- use as a regular organizer
- avoid soaking in water for too long
- rinse off soap buildup with water after heavy use and wipe to dry
- dry outdoor once to twice every week and alternate with a different soap dish
- use water vinegar solution to clean mold
- place away from high heat or flames
- repurpose the organizer for gardening, crafts, and other creative projects
- check city’s waste management info before disposal. Bamboo can be classified as recyclable or garbage depending on cities’ recycling capabilities
- if unsure, always consider composting in backyard over throwing into the garbage